With the Super Bowl this weekend, many of us are gearing up to have a couple of friends over to watch the big game. So how can you be a great host, without stressing out? Here are a couple of tips to help you do just that:
- Ask everyone to bring an appetizer to share – it is best to let your guests know in advance about how many people will attend so that they can plan accordingly as well as any food allergies.
- Set up a self-serve drink station – grab a cooler or large tub and ice down beer, bottled water and sodas so that guests can serve themselves.
- Limit alcoholic drink choices – this will not only simplify the time required to make drinks, but ensures that you don’t have to have a ton of mixers and garnishes. Choose one mixed drink that can be made either alcoholic or virgin. Provide ingredients and a recipe and allow guests to make their own.
- Set up a self-serve food station – allow guests to serve themselves using disposable cutlery, plates and cups.
- Place trashcans throughout the area guests will occupy – that way they can help with clean up.
- When guests arrive write their name on their dish – use masking tape to writ their name on it in case it gets left behind.
- If children will attend consider hiring a babysitter to help entertain them.
Finally, enjoy yourself. The Super Bowl is not meant to be a fussy event. Everyone just wants to enjoy watching the game and cheering on their favorite team.
Have a concern with your electrical, plumbing or air conditioning? Central Carolina Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Electrical is here to help! We offer 24 hour emergency service 7 days a week! Give us a call! 1-800-461-3010 to speak with our customer service agents that can answer your questions or schedule an appointment!