Spring may be more than a month away, but it is never too soon to start thinking about spring cleaning and getting your plan together. One of the best ways to take on this massive project is to break it down. Plan to spend several weekends or days off completing your list instead of trying to do it all in one day. How can you get started?
First off, make a list of what you’d like to get done. One person’s priorities are entirely different from the next person’s. Here are some things that many of us don’t often get around to that you may want to include:
- change air/furnace filter
- get HVAC inspected
- shampoo the carpets
- change the batteries in the smoke/carbon monoxide detectors (you should do this twice a year)
- dust crown molding and baseboards
- dust ceiling corners
- get scuff marks off of the walls/baseboards
- dust ceiling fans, light fixtures and lamps
- touch up paint
- vacuum or wash window curtains
- dust blinds
- clean windows
- polish wood furniture
- vacuum furniture
- deep clean hardwood, tile, linoleum flooring
- clean air vents
- have chimney cleaned/inspected
- schedule termite or pest control maintenance
- wash window screens
- power wash siding of the house/porch/walkway
Next, make a list of supplies you’ll need, buy them ahead of time and talk to family members about who is in charge of which projects. Make sure to be realistic about how much time each task will take and be realistic in your goals.
Do not go over your allotted time for one task, as it will lead to everything else getting behind. If you do end up having to do this, cut out something later in the day. Also—take some breaks! Come up for air once in a while and enjoy this beautiful weather!
Have a concern with your electrical, plumbing or air conditioning? Central Carolina Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Electrical is here to help! We offer 24 hour emergency service 7 days a week! Give us a call! 1-800-461-3010 to speak with our customer service agents that can answer your questions or schedule an appointment!