Heating and air is not something that we consider unless something is wrong, even though it is such an important aspect of our everyday comfort. Did you know heating and air can do much more than just change the temperature of our homes? It’s true – heating and air affects health.
There are many ways homeowners can maximize health and comfort with their heating and air systems. With smart heating and air solutions homeowners can:
- Improve air quality for better peace of mind
- Expect consistent heating and air performance no matter the system’s age
- Keep heating and air from damaging the home
- Help the heating and air system last longer and work better
- Save money from expensive repairs
Heating and air affects indoor air quality
Every day, we breathe in thousands of microscopic particles particles and pathogens in our own homes. Often, outdoor air is cleaner than the air inside our homes. Homeowners who regularly use their heating and air conditioning benefit from air filtration. This is because all indoor air passes through a filter installed in the heating and air system before it is conditioned.
The average home heating and air filter removes particles like:
- Pet dander
- Insects, fecal matter
- And more
Depending on your home and preferences you can choose to upgrade your air filter to catch smaller particles including:
- Gasses, vapors and fumes
If you have a family that depends on high indoor air quality, consider an upgrade. It could benefit people in your family who might:
- Be sick
- Have allergies
- Suffer from asthma
- Battle respiratory issues
Work with your HVAC contractors to determine how to fortify your home against poor indoor air. Reliable heating and air should be the last worry homeowners have. No matter what time of the year it is, homeowners should always have:
- Reliable heating and air conditioning
- Accurate temperature control
- High indoor air quality
- Low heating and air bills
- Peace of mind
Homeowners invest in heating and air and we expect our central air systems to deliver, but how can you maximize your heating and air systems to deliver these results?
The answer is regular maintenance. The reason why heating and air technicians recommend regular maintenance is because it works.
Regular heating and air maintenance prevents most repairs and damages. Once your technician is through, you can expect:
- Proper and efficient heating and air operation
- Reliable heating and air service
- A clean and safe heating and air system
- Improved indoor air quality
- Improved energy efficiency
- Fewer heating and repairs, if any
- A longer lasting heating and air system
The main reason we use heating and air is to control the temperature of our homes and some homeowners do not know just how temperature changes can affect their home and health.
If heating and air is too dry:
- Furnishing loses shine and luster
- Instruments warp out of tune
- Wood splinters and cracks
- Paint peels
- Skin, hair, nails, eyes and nasal passages dehydrate
In short, dry heating and air causes trouble.
Additionally, heating and air that is too dry or moist also manipulates the feeling of temperature, so even though the thermostat reads a certain temperature, your air may not feel like it. As a result, homeowners generally change the temperature until they feel what they want. This causes large energy spending, longer heating and air cycles and other inconveniences.
Fortunately, there is a solution for chronically dry heating and air. Your HVAC technicians can install a central humidifier. They analyze the home, take measurements and determine just how much moisture the air needs. As a result, the balance of your heating and air is restored.
If you have concerns about how your heating and air affects health, then contact the professionals at Central Carolina Air Conditioning, Plumbing, & Electrical at 1.800.461.3010.