If you’re like many homeowners across the country this time of year, Spring may mean it’s time to put your home on the market. But to get the best price on your beloved abode, you may need to make a few upgrades to get it market ready. To help you, we’ve consolidated a list of the most “bang for your buck” areas of the home to address. So get your pen and paper ready, here we go:
- Upgrade exterior doors and garage doors. Just a fresh coat of paint and a nice mat at your front door can make a big difference. Also look into lighting. Plenty of lighting is good for all outdoor areas. At the front door, frosted bulbs will provide softer light and less glare.
- Refinish your floors. If you have wood floors that have been scuffed up, refinish them to make a huge difference in how they look.
- Carpet clean. If you have carpets, shampoo them or get a professional to do it.
- Update your kitchen cabinets. Paint them for a cheaper option, or completely start over if you have it in your budget.
- Upgrade your bathroom by changing out the light fixtures or putting in a new vanity for a more modern look.
- Replace your windows. Wooden windows usually have a higher return on investment than vinyl or other options. You’ll definitely want to deal with any foggy windows or not-so-good weather-stripping.
- Cut energy costs. See if your power company will do a free energy audit and see what you can do to make your home more energy efficient. A programmable thermostat, and Energy Star appliances can make a big impact.
- Keep your lawn and yard tidy. If you’re thinking ahead, plant some flowers.
- Power wash your siding, walkway, driveway and porch.
- If your paint colors are a little “out there,” consider painting in more neutral colors that pretty much everyone will like. While you’re doing that, also touch up any chipped areas.
Have a concern with your electrical, plumbing or air conditioning? Central Carolina Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Electrical is here to help! We offer 24 hour emergency service 7 days a week! Give us a call! 1-800-461-3010 to speak with our customer service agents that can answer your questions or schedule an appointment!