Now that summer months are in the rear view mirror, it’s time to start considering how your home environment could negatively affect your health. There have been significant advancements with heating and cooling options over the past several years, so it’s time to reap the full benefits of those advancements! Long gone are the days where thermostats where limited to a dial that you had to change to set the temperature. We’ll go over the benefits of a humidifier, and some important things to note when using a humidifier.
Some of the Benefits:
- They increase comfort levels in your home. Humidifiers also produce moisture in the air, which will enable you rest well with a comfortable night’s sleep.
- Wintertime sickness is lessened and not aggravated through the use of a humidifier. The dry air is an aggravating factor for the common cold or runny nose during the winter months. With a humidifier, the air in your home will contain more moisture and help with these symptoms all throughout the day.
- The air will feel more comfortable and also warmer, which means that you can turn down your thermostat in the winter and save some extra money!
Now that you’re aware of the benefits of a humidifier, here are some important considerations as to how to use one:
- Many humidifiers will measure the humidity level in a room, which comes in handy to know how much humidity is in each room. The optimal level should be 30 percent when it’s cold and 50 percent when it’s hot outside.
- There are different humidifier options that are beneficial for each type of room in your home. It’s common for homeowners to have a humidifier in multiple rooms of their home.
- Smaller humidifiers are beneficial for smaller rooms, especially children’s rooms. It’s best to stick with a cool mist humidifier, since it eliminates the chance of children getting burned by a warm mist humidifier.
- There are console and whole home humidifiers that may be beneficial for larger rooms in the home.
- If noise is an important consideration for you, there are ultrasonic humidifiers which create the quietest atmosphere.
Central Carolina Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electrical can attach a humidifier right to your furnace to ensure optimal comfort during the winter months. With the installation of a humidifier, you’ll be able to turn down your thermostat and save money this winter, and avoid the negative health effects that the dry air brings!
Give us a call today Call to schedule your appointment today at 800-461-3010.