The sun is staying up longer, and weather is getting warmer, often encouraging people to become more productive and active. After the winter months that we spend cozying up, watching movies and drinking hot cocoa, it may be difficult to snap into a productive mindset. So how do you increase productivity this Spring, especially with those home tasks that have been lingering?
- Get rid of distractions so that you can focus simply on the task at hand. Turn off the TV, power off the radio, or go into a room where there isn’t talking or movement. You know best what causes distractions to you, so tune those out or eliminate them all together.
- Keep a list. How often have you thought of the things you need to do, yet failed to do some of them simply because you didn’t remember? If it’s not written down, chances are high that you’ll forget. Whether it’s a grocery list, cleaning list or work list, write down all that you need to get done for that day.
- Accomplish the most important items on your list at the very beginning of the day. We have the most energy at the beginning of the day, so expend this energy wisely. It’s also easy to let things that are toward the bottom of our list slide until the next day(s).
- Know when to take a break. Do you ever get to the point when you’ve tried to force creativity or spend tedious hours getting something assembled? Sometimes the best solution to finding the genius answer or finishing the project is to simply walk away from it and give yourself a break.
- Periodically review your goals – What are you working towards? How do all your tasks align with and move you forward toward your end goals? Just a little reminder – make sure they are realistic and achievable so you can actually reach them J
- Eat for energy. High fiber and high protein foods will fuel your body and stimulate your mind with a boost of energy.
- Stay organized – when everything has a place, it helps you save time instead of always looking for misplaced items. You can use your extra time on more important tasks.
In addition to keeping your home organized, it’s also important to keep your home running efficiently. At Central Carolina Air Conditioning, we can perform thorough preventative maintenance on your systems so that you don’t get to the point of having to replace your systems or lose money due to an inefficient system.
Call to schedule your appointment now with Central Carolina Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electrical at 800-461-3010.