Entertaining family and friends is a fun way to spend the season, and creative and cold drinks make any party festive. Is your ice maker in working order? Is it serving what you want in your glass? Just as there are dozens of decisions to make when buying a refrigerator, now there are decisions for cold beverage lovers to make when it comes to the shape of ice they prefer! What’s the best ice for cold drinks?
Here’s a look at some of the most popular options out there.
Pellet ice (crushed ice)
This ice is popular for an icy soda. It melts quickly, so it’s best for those who don’t mind a little water dilution in their drinks. Many refrigerator-installed ice makers produce these cubes which are round on one side and flat on the other. Did you know the shape is also designed to prevent splashing when liquid is poured on top of it? Pretty smart!
Large clear cubes
Due to their larger size, these slow melting cubes are perfect for straight liquid drinks like whiskey. They create a bubble-free ice cube that is tricky to produce and requires a specific mold.
Special ice trays are made to create these cylindrical shaped pieces, and are a very popular way to keep water bottle water cold.
These cubes are found mostly in portable ice makers or under-the-counter machines. It’s called “gourmet ice,” and is round and hollow in the middle.
Types of Ice Makers
For people who like to entertain or that have several people in the house who are into fitness or spend time outdoors with multiple ice-filled water bottles each day, under-the-counter ice machines might be the best choice. Because of all the gadgets that come in modern refrigerators, built-in ice makers tend to take a back seat. They just can’t keep up with high demand. But, if you do go with an under the counter machine, you will need a professional plumber to hook up your machine.
If you decide the shape of ice and type of machine is one you don’t have, make your purchase and make the water connection you need to make it happen. Connecting your water line should be a task completed by an expert to make sure your appliance doesn’t leak. It’s really a matter of opinion when it comes to the best ice for cold drinks.
Whether you are upgrading to a refrigerator with an ice maker that fits your needs, need help with the malfunctioning one you have or want to install an under counter model, contact a professional to get the job done right. Call Central Carolina Air Conditioning, Plumbing, & Electrical at 800.461.3010 for assistance from a professional plumber.
Outdoor lighting allows you to boost your outdoor space creatively and functionally. There are lots of great ways to update and improve your outdoor areas using different types of lights and features. From accent lighting to uplights and motion-sensored lights, you can create a more appealing and safe space with just a few well placed bulbs.
What do you want to improve? There are two primary ways to look at how outdoor lighting can work for you. One is the most obvious, aesthetics. The other is safety. And you can do both, but make sure you know what you are trying to achieve before you get started on a lighting project. That way you’ll save money, time and frustration by trying to do too much at once.
Outdoor Lighting for Aesthetic Appeal
Want to use outdoor lighting to highlight and bring beauty to your
space? Lighting is excellent because it can work anywhere, in any kind of outdoor design. It can be the primary focus, or just highlight areas of your outdoors that you particularly love.
- Accent lights can highlight the spaces you love most in your landscape. Choose from lamps, pendant lights, and uplights to feature the most attractive aspects of your landscape. These lights can create a striking look in the evening hours.
- Driveway and path lighting creates a more welcoming feel. One of the most common mistakes homeowners make outdoors is they have beautiful, well-designed, and well lit home exterior lighting, but only darkness throughout the yard. One simple fix of using path/drive lighting can fix this.
- Uplighting is a great way to highlight trees and hardscapes. Do you have a beautiful tree or fancy gazebo? Uplighting adds nighttime visibility and a stunning look.
- Like to entertain? Give guests safety and an appealing view with carefully planned patio or pool lighting. You’ll host the best parties and allow people to spread out instead of huddling up around one outdoor lamp or fire pit.
Outdoor Lighting for Safety & Security
Adding lighting for security can also bring many benefits. Done correctly, security lighting can also add beautiful aesthetic value at the same time.
- Motion lighting is an excellent way to deter vandalism. Set near entryways and windows, these lights can surprise intruders and send them running!
- Flood lighting also adds to your outdoor safety. Not only do flood lights near buildings or areas you tend to frequent in the evening reduce tripping hazards, they also help you navigate your yard safely. Adding path lighting can also give you additional safety and offer aesthetic beauty.
For expert assistance, call Central Carolina Air Conditioning, Plumbing, & Electrical at 800.461.3010.