The holiday season is a time to celebrate with those we love – including our furry family members. While you are decorating this holiday season keep these tips in mind to keep Fido and Felix safe:
- Some plants may be poisonous for pets. Either forgo them altogether or place them out of reach of pets. Poinsettia, holly, pine needles, mistletoe and lilies are just a few examples. For a complete list go to aspca.org and search for toxic plants.
- Keep tinsel and ribbons up high so that pets can’t reach them. If eaten, they can get stuck in their intestines and cause blockages.
- Don’t burn candles unattended or low to the ground since tails can sometime go astray and knock over the candle, or worse, catch the tail on fire.
- Keep glass ornaments high on the tree, and in case of breakage, clean up the glass shards immediately to keep paws and tummies safe from broken glass.
- Secure the Christmas tree to a wall or the ceiling in order to prevent it from tipping over on pets.
- Do not let pets drink water from the base of the Christmas tree. It can contain preservatives which are poisonous, or harbor bacteria.
We want you and your pets to enjoy this holiday season. We hope these tips will help keep all of you safe. I want to encourage you to take a moment to nominate your favorite hero for our “Heat for Heroes” contest that started on December 1! We are giving a ceramic heater to 100 heroes in our community.
Have a concern with your electrical, plumbing or air conditioning? Central Carolina Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Electrical is here to help! We offer 24-hour emergency service 7 days a week! Give us a call! 1-800-461-3010 to speak with our customer service agents that can answer your questions or schedule an appointment!