It is that time of year when we all want to sit outdoors and eat and enjoy each other’s company. How do you set up outdoor furniture to allow for guests? Where do you begin? Here are some simple tips to help you get started before you hit the stores.
- Think about the flow of traffic. Where will people need to walk? Where are the stairs, gates and tool shed? What items will be movable and what items will be permanent or semi-permanent fixtures?
- Pick something you want to focus on, such as a table, fire pit or pool. This will help give you a sense of direction and a starting point.
- Don’t forget to add pieces on which people can put things such as small side tables or ottomans. Often there are plenty of chairs but everything else is lacking.
- Look at your lighting situation. You don’t want to put all of your furniture in an area where lighting is lacking, unless you’re planning on adding more. Porch lights, decorative string lights, and fixtures along walkways are all great additions.
- If you have an outdoor kitchen, keep it away from your sitting area, for both safety and aesthetic reasons. If you don’t have an outdoor kitchen yet but are planning to have one it’s best to contact the necessary professionals such as a plumber and an electrician to address your needs.
- Don’t forget accessories! Pops of color such as pillows and different textures add a lot of character to your outdoor sitting and dining area. Enjoy!
Have a concern with your electrical, plumbing or air conditioning? Central Carolina Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Electrical is here to help! We offer 24 hour emergency service 7 days a week! Give us a call! 1-800-461-3010 to speak with our customer service agents that can answer your questions or schedule an appointment!