Anything in your yard that is technically non-living can be considered a hardscape. The definition is quite broad and can include anything from rocks and pavers to bricks and stones. If you’re considering adding some beauty to your backyard this summer, we’ll share a few things to know before starting. These tips will make the overall process smooth, successful and more cost effective. Central Carolina Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electric can even help with your water and electric installation!
- Always plan out the whole hardscape project. We know this can become a costly endeavor – so if you choose to do it in phases, still plan out the whole project to save you time down the road when you start the other phases.
- Maintain a balance. You’ll want to create a harmonious balance between hard and soft cape – (i.e. rocks and stones for the hardscapes and plants and trees for the soft capes).
- Hardscapes can increase your home value. Get an appraiser to provide an appraisal for what your home would cost by basing it off your budgeted hardscape plans.
- Consider the functionality. How will you be utilizing the space in your backyard/the hardscapes? While the hardscape you create should and can be beautiful, it should also work with how you are going to use your backyard. Consider the layout of furniture you may place in the backyard.
- Don’t forget topography! If your backyard has other challenges such as drainage, make sure that you keep this in consideration and plan around it. If topography challenges are beyond your comfort level, it may be best to hire a professional for some guidance to make sure that your time and investment in hardscaping pays off in the end.
Whether it’s plants or also a water fountain hardscape you’re installing, your backyard will require some amount of water and possibly electric as well. Central Carolina Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electrical can check all emergency water shut-offs for proper performance and tag main emergency shut-offs. If your emergency shut-off does not work when you need it, there could be big problems.
We can also check all your lawn faucets for any leaks that could be wasting your money.
Have more questions? Call us—we’d love to help! Call the professionals at Go Green Plumbing at 336-252-2999 for service 7 days a week/24 hours a day. If water runs through it – We Do It!