Plumbing Maintenance Greensboro NC and the Piedmont Triad
- What is the purpose of a plumbing protection program?
We have found that most homeowners don’t have the technical knowledge to make themselves aware of potential plumbing problems. Customers who participate in the Whole House program save money with our preferred client pricing program. We offer this because, a well-cared-for home saves a homeowner money in the long run.
About Our Whole House program for plumbing:
- Locate and alert you to potential plumbing problems before they become an emergency.
- Find money wasting leaks.
- Help assure the safe and efficient operation of your water heater.
- Provide you with all your plumbing needs during the year at our special preferred rate. This is considerably less than what our non-program clients pay. Your service technician will be happy to show you your savings.
- Provide preferred emergency service if the need ever arises.
- Show you new money saving ideas and products.
- Provide you with information on available items for safety and protection of your family.
If any problems are noted, we will bring them to your attention. At your request, we will furnish exact prices in writing for all recommended repairs and perform these repairs immediately or schedule them at your convenience.
- Water Pressure Reducing Valves
Conserve Water and Energy Automatically
Water and energy conservation are so intertwined that they are practically synonymous. Any reduction in the usage of water will automatically result in a reduction of the use of energy. What this means, therefore, is that our whole philosophy on the use of water is changing. We are finally recognizing that we have been “water rich” over the years and that it is now time to get back to reality by adjusting to our actual need and to practice good conservation principals.
Water Pressure Reducing Valves are a simple way to conserve water and energy if your water pressure is 80 psi or above. These automatic controls are installed at the water meter to reduce the city main pressure to a lower, more functional pressure-for most purposes: 50 psi.
Water pressure reducing valves are a cost effective way to save money on your water and sewer bills normally having a payback period of about 24 to 30 months. A pressure reducing valve can save the average home between 30,000 and 40,000 gallons of water per year. Since a typical family of four uses approximately 93,000 gallons of water per year, the savings can be significant. As you can see, the higher the water pressure, the greater amount of water that is wasted.
Did you know that you may be able to save money on your water bill and sewer bill?
- It is not uncommon in our area to pay one-half cent ($.005) per gallon for water and sewer use. The numbers above show what wasting water can cost you. Waiting to stop water leaks costs you in two ways. You must pay for the water wasted and delay can cause more extensive repair of the drains leaking.
- Compare bathing vs. showering for water usage. Mark height of water with tape during bath; take a shower with the tub stopped and compare the water level.
- Install the stopper before turning on the water. Initial cold water can be warmed by adding hot water.
- The difference between a five-minute and ten-minute shower could mean a savings of up to 45 gallons. Consider installing water saving shower heads.
- A dishwasher uses three to five times as much water as washing dishes by hand.
- Only wash full loads in your dishwasher. Soak pots and pans overnight if required.
- Don’t run tap water waiting for it to cool. Keep a bottle of drinking water in the refrigerator instead.